Overseas registration

If your dog is registered with an overseas kennel club but living in the United Kingdom, you can apply to import it, whereas owners of UK-registered dogs moving overseas can apply for an export. Those who sell or purchase a dog overseas can apply to import it from, or export it to, another kennel club.

Owners that reside overseas* and wish to exhibit their dog in the UK can apply for an Authority to Compete (ATC) number.

Please note that dogs residing overseas* cannot be fully imported and you must instead apply for an ATC. Conversely, if the dog resides in the UK, it cannot receive an ATC number and must instead undergo a full import.

This section provides details on applying to:

*Please click here for more information regarding dogs from the Republic of Ireland and the Channel Islands.


Copyright © The Kennel Club Limited 2019. The unauthorised reproduction of text and images is strictly prohibited.